Submit! Nearly There is a zine project meant to address the serious absence and silencing of stories about the experiences of queer people of color.
You may view upcoming events by hovering over the “Upcoming Events” drop-down category above, taking a quick look at our agenda on the side-bar, or clicking here.
Organizations wishing to cross-list events with QWOC+ Boston can send a ‘short’ summary (including date and location) to intern at qwocboston dot org. We will only post events on our website that meet at least TWO of the following criteria:
- Overtly intended primarily for people of color
- Planned/hosted by queer people of color
- Features (i.e. speaker, presenters, artists etc.) at least 50% people of color
- Plannned/hosted by an organization that has at least 50% of its members identifying as people of color
Event Posting Decision Examples
- Race in the Workplace: A Community Discussion *YES*
- Gay Rights Fundraiser by a progressive organization that is ‘open to all’ (and we really want QWOC to come!) *NO*
Note: This strict policy about posting events is based on the fact that there are a good number of queer event calendars in the Greater Boston area that provide listings for all kinds of events. There are none specifically for queer people of color.