Submit! Nearly There is a zine project meant to address the serious absence and silencing of stories about the experiences of queer people of color.
Annual Spring Social for Women and Trans People of Color and Allies
Calling all fierce femme’s, posse bois, sexy studs, proud trans, genderqueer and non-conforming friends and all! The sun is peeking out, the layers are coming off, and the time to strut back into the social scene and be seen is upon us…
- Are you interested in being part of a social space where you can bring ALL of yourself to the table?
- Are you tired of having not many options besides nightlife to meet people?
- Are you new-in-town and seeking a multicultural/multinational queer community in Boston?
- Are you looking to add more members to your already tight-knit posse just in time for the summer?
- Do you like the color, purple?
- Do you dig diversity?
- Do you dig QWOC+ Boston?
If you nodded at any of those questions, then our 2011 annual spring social is for YOU.
Saturday April 30
Time: 5PM – 8:30PM
OM Lounge (Harvard Square)
92 Winthrop Street | Cambridge MA
Attendance FREE w/ RSVP b4 5:30PM: http://qwocspringsocial2011.eventbrite.com/
RSVP on Facebook:
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFO
This event is free before 5:30PM ONLY WITH ONLINE REGISTRATION at http://qwocspringsocial2011.eventbrite.com/. Otherwise, admission is $10.
Wanna volunteer? Volunteers get to attend for free too! We need greeters, registration/door attendants, listserv managers, schmoozers, photographers, and videographers. No experience necessary — just an eagerness to make others feel welcome.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Admission is $10 otherwise; capacity is limited to 75 so reserve your space and register early.
Are you on twitter? Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/qwocboston / @qwocboston!
More importantly, start buzzing about this event with your friends using the #qwocspring hashtag. See you at the event!