Submit! Nearly There is a zine project meant to address the serious absence and silencing of stories about the experiences of queer people of color.
Our Annual Spring Social for LGBTQI People of Color and Allies is on April 24th!
Calling all fierce femme’s, posse bois, sexy studs, proud trans, genderqueer and non-conforming friends and all! The sun is peeking out, the layers are coming off, and the time to strut back into the social scene and be seen is upon us…
- Are you interested in meeting and /or networking in a space where you can bring ALL of yourself to the table?
- Are you tired of having not many options besides nightclubs to meet cuties? [Real talk.]
- Are you new-in-town and seeking a multicultural/multinational queer community in Boston?
- Are you looking to add more members to your already tight-knit posse just in time for the summer?
- Do you like the color, purple?
- Do you dig diversity?
If you nodded at any of those questions, then our 2010 annual spring social is for YOU. FYI Co-hosting this spring soiree are the friendly and the sexy of Men of Color Creating Change.
Can it really get much better than this? (Well, Lady Gaga isn’t returning our calls… so, no)
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFO
This event is free before 7:30PM ONLY WITH ONLINE REGISTRATION at http://qwocspringsocial.eventbrite.com/. However, if you arrive after 7:30PM, you can still get in free if you bring 2 friends! Otherwise, admission is $10.
Wanna volunteer? Volunteers get to attend for free too! We need greeters, registration/door attendants, listserv managers, schmoozers, photographers, and videographers. No experience necessary — just an eagerness to make others feel welcome. Email email@example.com for more info.
Admission is $10 otherwise; capacity is limited to 75 so reserve your space and register early.
Are you on twitter? Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/qwocboston / @qwocboston!
More importantly, start buzzing about this event with your friends using the #qwocspring hashtag. See you at the event!